Volunteering can be a rich and rewarding experience
Here are some of the stories from our volunteers'.
What our volunteers say about us
Each year Sova delivers a volunteer satisfaction survey, and we use the results of this to inform how we train, supervise and support our amazing volunteers in their ongoing support of our service users.
In 2014, 195 volunteers responded to the survey, revealing the following highlights:
- 96% of respondents said that they would recommend the experience of volunteering with Sova to a friend
- 94 % of respondents stated that they felt safe, supported and confident with Sova clients
- 94% of respondents stated that the activities provided by Sova had a positive effect on the service user group
- 80% of respondents felt increasingly involved in their community when volunteering with Sova
- 82% stated that they volunteered because they wanted to help others.